The Queensland Health Surgical Advisory Committee is an expert multidisciplinary group comprising representatives from various surgical specialties, anaesthetics, perioperative nursing and other key stakeholder groups including the Royal Australian College of Surgeons and the Queensland Audit of Surgical Mortality.
The purpose of the Statewide Surgical Advisory Committee is to:
- provide high level advice to improve the quality, safety and effectiveness of surgical services in Queensland
- inform health service policy and clinical practice aimed at delivering consistent, efficient and effective best practice surgical care
- provide expertise, direction and advice to the Queensland Health Executive and Hospital and Health Services in relation to surgery service planning and emerging issues locally, statewide and nationally
- provide expertise, direction and advice to clinicians caring for surgical patients in relation to surgery and evidence based practice
- foster education and research.
Phone: +61 7 3328 9324
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001