The Queensland Maternity and Neonatal Clinical Network provides expert clinical advice and leadership to Queensland Health on maternity and neonatal care, services and improvement.
The Queensland Maternity and Neonatal Clinical Network is a multidisciplinary network of more than 3000 members including statewide clinicians, consumers and healthcare leaders in both public and private sectors. The Steering Committee is Co-Chaired by Dr Peter Ganter, Clinical Director Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Women and Newborn Services, Royal Brisbane and Womens' Hospital and Amanda Ostrenski, Midwifery Nursing Director, Women’s & Children’s Division, Logan Beaudesert Health Service.
To improve maternity and neonatal care and services throughout Queensland the Queensland Maternity and Neonatal Clinical Network collaborates with Queensland Maternal and Perinatal Quality Council (QMPQC), Child and Youth Clinical Network, Rural and Remote Clinical Network, the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Service, the Office of the Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer and other teams throughout Queensland Health.
The role of the network
- Involve consumers and support active and equal participation in improving healthcare experiences and outcomes
- Provide expert advice and clinical leadership to Queensland Health in relation to maternity and neonatal care, services and improvement
- Facilitate clinician leadership in system improvement initiatives
- Provide strategic direction and clinical oversight of maternity and neonatal clinical guidelines, policies and tools
- Retinal imaging in the neonatal setting education program including improving statewide image transfer and storage and remote specialist interpretation capabilities
- Developing strategies for early engagement in antenatal care and reducing smoking in pregnancy in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women to support the Quality Improvement Payments Program
- Improving Syphilis in pregnancy screening and implementation of the Queensland Syphilis in pregnancy clinical guideline
- Reviewing the Statewide Pregnancy Health Record
- Sustain delivery of the Neonatal resuscitation, Neonatal stabilisation for retrieval, and Imminent birth education programs to assist rural facilities
- Optimising the Queensland Health electronic medical record to support evidence informed maternity and neonatal care, and reporting against the Perinatal Data Collection
- Engaging Queensland clinicians in development the National Digital Pregnancy Heath Record that will interface with consumers, general practitioners and Queensland Health electronic medical records
- Supporting Queensland Clinical Guidelines and Queensland Neonatal Medicines formulary (NeoMedQ).
Phone: +61 7 3328 9302
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001