COVID-19 guidance for clinicians
To support health services during the pandemic, the Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network Steering Committee developed a guideline to support and optimise the inclusion of planning for the delivery of palliative care services in COVID-19 response plans.
For additional Queensland Health guidelines and information, visit the COVID-19 information for Queensland clinicians: Clinical guidelines website.
The Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network brings interprofessional palliative care clinicians and consumers together to leverage their combined knowledge, clinical, and operational expertise to influence, progress, develop, and reform care across Queensland by:
- Driving improvement across specialist, generalist, and primary palliative care service delivery,
- Being the leading strategic body in Queensland for matters relating to specialist, generalist and primary palliative care service delivery,
- Acting as a conduit between groups to share knowledge and promote continuous improvements in palliative care, and
- Providing advice to Queensland Health on matters relating to palliative care with the aim of improving consumer outcomes and experience.
Membership of the Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network is open to anyone with an active interest in improving palliative and end-of-life care in Queensland. To join the Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network, complete the online application form.
The Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network is led by a Steering Committee comprised primarily of Queensland Health multidisciplinary clinicians covering Queensland's geographical dispersion, along with healthcare consumers and general practice representatives. Communication, collaboration and consensus underpin all decisions made by the Committee on behalf of the network.
The Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network is led by the Co-Chairs:
- Associate Professor Andrew Broadbent, Medical Director and Senior Staff Specialist, Supportive and Specialist Palliative Care, Gold Coast Health
- Nicole Hutchinson, Nurse Practitioner, Specialist Palliative Care in Aged Care Project, Metro North Hospital and Health Service
Read the Queensland Palliative Care Clinical Network - Frequently Asked Questions for further information
Contact your local palliative care service
- Cairns and Hinterland
- Central Queensland
- Central West*
- Children's Health Queensland
- Darling Downs*
- Gold Coast
- Metro North
- Metro South
- North West*
- South West*
- Sunshine Coast
- Torres and Cape*
- West Moreton
- Wide Bay*
*Queensland Health Intranet websites – Accessible by Queensland Health staff only
Please contact us if you would like any further information
Phone: (07) 3646 3494
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001