On 18 July 2016, the Queensland Government released its response to the Barrett Adolescent Centre (BAC) Commission of Inquiry (COI)
CED’s Barrett Adolescent COI implementation team is progressing the implementation of the Government response to the six recommendations made in the COI report. This included:
- commissioning independent reviews and delivering reports for all six recommendations
- delivering a joint submission with the Department of Education and Training for approval of the business case to establish a statewide bed-based treatment facility
- engaging in a co-design consultation process to critique and validate the development of service models and building design.
We continue to engage and consult with a broad range of community members including:
- adolescents and young adults with or without a lived experience of severe and complex mental health issues, family members and carers
- service providers, clinicians and anyone involved in the education of adolescents and young adults with severe and complex mental health issues.
Detailed information on the Government response can be found on the Queensland Health website.