The Improvement Exchange aims to promote innovative projects undertaken in Queensland's healthcare system. This web-based collaboration site is designed to connect people who share similar interests and generate conversations about small and large scale projects in Queensland Health.
All projects published in the Improvement Exchange meet the following acceptance criteria;
- Alignment – the project addresses a statewide health system priority and is relevant to clinical innovation and improvement.
- Usefulness – the project has a clear aim, proposed evaluation method as well as an estimated time of evaluation and can be scaled and linked to Queensland Health programs.
- Practicality – the project has a practical outcome rather than theory.
- Conciseness – the project is brief but comprehensive.
Note: Project is used as a generic term to include initiative, programs, models of care etc.
Adding (sharing) your project
The Improvement Exchange provides Queensland Health employees with a simple web-based form for loading and sharing key information about their project. All you need to do is;
- Get approval from your line supervisor to submit your project.
- Develop your project summary using the Improvement Exchange Template.
- Go to the "Share your project with us" page in the Improvement Exchange, follow the prompts in the online form and submit your project summary for moderation and publication.
What happens next?
- We will assess your project for suitability based on the acceptance criteria.
- You are notified that this project summary is either approved (ready to publish) or rejected (does not meet the criteria). If your project is rejected, we will contact you to discuss the reasons why.
- We will help spread the word about your project via a number of key media channels.
Keeping things up to date
You can update or add information to your project summary at any time. Projects that are not updated regularly will be removed from the Improvement Exchange and archived in accordance with records and information management standards.
If you have any questions or feedback about the Improvement Exchange, please don’t hesitate to contact us at ImprovementExchange@health.qld.gov.au