The Queensland Infection Clinical Network have developed the following resources to provide expert clinical advice, direction and leadership to Queensland Health on infectious diseases, and infection prevention and control.
Guidelines and recommendations
- Guidelines for prescribing oseltamivir for seasonal influenza in 2022 (PDF, 175kB)
- Recommended approach to assessing close contact exposures to COVID-19 in the hospital setting (PDF, 178 kB)
- Position Statement: Periurethral cleaning agents and CAUTI prevention strategies (PDF, 182 kB)
- Evidence summary for periurethral cleaning agents to support QICN position statement (PDF, 218 kB)
Urinary tract infections
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of the urinary tract. This includes the urethra, bladder, ureters, or kidneys. This occurs when bacteria (germs) enter the urethra and affects the bladder.
- Urinary tract infections Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men patient brochure (PDF, 828 kB)
- Urinary tract infections Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women patient brochure (PDF, 820 kB)
- Urinary tract infections men patient brochure (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Urinary tract infections women patient brochure (PDF, 2.5 MB)