Pathology Queensland (PQ) are introducing a new high sensitivity cardiac troponin assay to all Queensland Health laboratories throughout 2022.
The Statewide New Troponin Project team, in partnership with PQ, have developed a suite of resources to support the roll-out of the new assay at facilities.
Alongside the new assay, the SAMIE (Suspected AMI in Emergency) App (QH network access only) has been developed to support risk stratification for suspected acute coronary syndrome in patients presenting to the Emergency Department, that have received laboratory-based Troponin results.
More information about the history of the work behind the chest pain pathways can be found on the ACRE Project Improvement Exchange entry.
Gold Coast HHS
Hervey Bay Hospital
Mackay Base Hospital
Metro North HHS
Metro South HHS
Sunshine Coast HHS
Townsville University Hospital
Queensland Children’s Hospital
Suspected AMI in Emergency (SAMIE) app
Clinical application to assist with risk stratification for suspected acute coronary syndrome in patients presenting to the Emergency Department
NOTE: Only for use in patients assessed in the Emergency Department using the Siemens Atellica High Sensitivity IM cardiac Troponin I assay
New Troponin assay for Queensland Health Hospitals
This short educational video introduces the new troponin assay rolling-out across Queensland Health laboratories.
New Troponin webinar
This educational webinar hosted by Professors Louise Cullen and William Parsonage provides detail about the new assay.
- Emergency Department pathway for patients with suspected ACS utilising the Seimens Attelica high sensitivity cardiac troponin assay (PDF, 178KB)
- QR code poster for the Suspected AMI in Emergency (SAMIE) app (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Information for emergency department clinicians related to the introduction of the New Troponin assay (PDF, 397KB)
- General clinical information related to the introduction of the New Troponin assay (PDF, 344KB)
- Paediatric information for clinicians related to the introduction of the New Troponin assay (PDF, 167KB)
- Clinical interpretation of the Siemens Atellica IM high-sensitivity cardiac troponin I assay (PDF, 236KB)