The Healthcare Improvement Community of Practice (HICOP) was established to support and inspire improvement practitioners within Queensland Health to work together to solve problems, share knowledge, agree best practice, and foster innovation.
HICOP is an integral part of the strategy to support Clinical Excellence in Queensland Health and related healthcare settings by building and strengthening improvement capacity, capability and collaboration.
Supported by the Healthcare Improvement Unit and Dr Carl de Wet, our medical lead HICOP members come from a range of healthcare backgrounds, including medical, nursing, midwifery, allied health and administration.
The community has been founded on a willingness to teach and learn from each other as members collectively inspire, collaborate and share innovations.
HICOP members benefit from:
- exclusive or early access to improvement events and resources
- confidential and practical support in a community of peers
- identifying and working collaboratively on the ‘wicked problems’ in healthcare
- raising awareness of your improvement work
- supporting, spreading and sustaining successful improvement interventions
- collaborating on healthcare improvement initiatives across Australia.
Registration is open to improvement practitioners who work in Queensland Health and related healthcare settings.