Rehabilitation is about helping you to return to doing the things that you do each day.
This may include:
- physical activity such as walking to the bathroom and showering
- improving your eating and your talking with others
- helping to solve problems and planning for your daily activities
- working towards returning to sport, work or hobbies
- improving your wellbeing and quality of life following injury
- referral to a rehabilitation service to support your rehabilitation needs.
There are many reasons that you may need rehabilitation. You may be recovering from a stroke, a brain injury, a fall or surgery.
Your rehabilitation should be directed toward the goals you need and want to work towards.