The Manage4Improvement program is a six month integrated leadership and management program designed to build the confidence and capabilities of clinicians to support improvements in health service delivery, through gaining a broader understanding of how the health and business systems operate simultaneously.
This highly interactive program will focus on the development of the management and leadership skills clinicians require to create and support a culture of innovation, improvement and enhanced patient outcomes.
A variety of experiential learning activities will be utilised including face to face workshops, the development and implementation of a robust improvement project, 360 degree feedback, collaborative peer triangles and access to improvement coaches.
The program will explore themes such as:
- Understanding the broader healthcare environment and funding arrangements
- Leading and managing change
- Quality and service improvement
- Improving and evaluating health service delivery
- Finance and budget management
- Effective stakeholder engagement
- Conflict management
- Strategic influencing
- Political astuteness and
- Leading, motivating and inspiring staff
- Improvement project
The improvement project is to be conducted over the six month period of the program. Its purpose is to apply and embed the change management, service improvement, leadership and management skills developed in the program into the workplace. Participants will have access to clinical improvement and redesign experts who can provide ongoing advice and support throughout the program.
- Program eligibility
The program will be available to Queensland Health clinicians in a management /supervisory role with delegation and/or cost centre management responsibilities.
- Senior Medical Officers and Medical Officers in Director/Manager Roles.
- Nursing and Midwifery Officers - NG7, NG8, NG9 & NG10
- Allied Health Officers - HP5, HP6 & HP7
- Dental Officers - D02 & D03
- Program fees
Clinical Excellence Queensland will cover the cost of the core program. Travel, backfill costs and any additional accommodation costs will need to be funded locally.
- Program facilitators
The program is supported by qualified experienced external facilitators who are industry experts in the field of leadership, management and improvement science.
Phone: +61 7 3328 9092
Postal Address: GPO Box 48 Brisbane, Queensland 4001 Australia