Metropolitan Emergency Department Access Initiative (MEDAI) was established to identify solutions to ambulance ramping in Queensland metropolitan hospitals. The MEDAI report was released and outlines 15 system and operational recommendations.
The Queensland Health and QAS cross-jurisdictional awareness of role responsibility aims to provide increased awareness of the Directive and associated responsibilities of Emergency Department (ED) staff and QAS to assist in the implementation of the MEDAI recommendations.
All staff working within Queensland Health EDs and all QAS Paramedics should read the following key documents.
- Metropolitan Emergency Department Access Initiative
- Patient Access to Emergency Care Health Service Directive
- Protocol for Patient Access to Queensland public hospitals
- Guideline for Inpatient Admission Facilitation
- Implementation of the Clinical Initiatives Nurse Role in Emergency Departments Guideline
- Emergency Triage Education Kit
- Queensland Ambulance Service Clinical Scope of Practice