All of us want to stay active and independent and live in our own home for as long as possible. Falls do not have to be an inevitable part of growing older – you can take action to stay on your feet.
Below you can find tips on healthy, active ageing and how you can reduce the risk of a slip, trip or fall and the harm caused by these injuries as you get older.
- Learn how to keep yourself safe and steady by looking at a range of issues, including what you wear, what medications you take and keeping your muscles strong.
- Find out how to improve your balance and strength and where to get active in your local community.
- Learn how common hazards around the home can trip you up and how you can make your home and yard safer.
- Read our helpful flowchart showing what you can do if you have a fall at home.
- Download healthy active ageing resources and visit useful websites.
- Information in other languages.
April No Falls
April No Falls is an international campaign, which aims to educate and raise awareness of falls prevention and help those at risk of falling to stay on their feet.
The 2018 theme focuses on falls and prevention strategies related to mediation and incontinence.