Winners of the annual Department of Health and Queensland Health Awards for Excellence were announced in Brisbane last night, with Clinical Excellence Queensland winning a swag of awards.
After receiving 11 nominations across 10 categories, projects coordinated or supported by CEQ took home the following awards:
Department of Health Awards for Excellence winners
- Promote, Protect and Improve - Bariatric Surgery Initiative, Clinical Excellence Queensland. A Highly Commended was awarded to our Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Branch for the Sentinel Events Review Implementation Team.
- Partnerships - Rural Maternity Taskforce. A Highly Commended for this category was awarded to the Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service which CEQ has helped deliver in partnership with the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service).
- The Queensland Emergency Care of Children Working Group, part of our Queensland Emergency Department Strategic Advisory Panel, received a Highly Commended award for the Empowerment category.
- Consumer Engagement Award - Offender Health Governance Improvement Project, Clinical Excellence Queensland
Queensland Health Awards for Excellence winners
- Delivering healthcare - Goal-Setting in Rehabilitation Services Project, Department of Health (Statewide Rehabilitation Clinical Network, Clinical Excellence Queensland). Our Advancing Kidney Care Project Team also received a Highly Commended award for this category.
- Connecting healthcare – the Sentinel Events Review Implementation Team received a Highly Commended for this category.
- Consumer Engagement Award - Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service, Department of Health (including the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Service, Clinical Excellence Queensland)
- Minister’s Award for Excellence - Advancing Kidney Care 2026, Department of Health (including the Healthcare Improvement Unit, Clinical Excellence Queensland)
Congratulations to all the incredible projects and the teams and people behind them up for an award in 2019!
For more inspiring healthcare stories read our other news stories and be sure to enter the ballot for Clinical Excellence Showcase 2020. We’ll bring to you the best and brightest from across the state on March 5 and 6 in Brisbane.
Keep up to date with Clinical Excellence Queensland: