The finalists for the 2019 Department of Health and Queensland Health Awards for Excellence have been announced, with Clinical Excellence Queensland (CEQ) having 11 nominees across 10 categories.
This impressive batch of nominees provides further proof of the benefits CEQ continues to deliver for clinicians and consumers across Queensland. The list of nominations includes:
Department of Health Awards for Excellence categories
- Promote, protect and improve - Rural Perioperative Team Training Program, Sentinel Events Review Implementation Team, and the Bariatric Surgery Initiative
- Partnerships - Offender Health Governance Improvement Project, Queensland Pelvic Mesh Service (in partnership with the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service), Rural Maternity Taskforce
- Empowerment - Queensland Paediatric Emergency Care of Children Working Group (in partnership with Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service)
Queensland Health Awards for Excellence categories
- Delivering healthcare - Advancing Kidney Care 2026, Statewide Rehabilitation Clinical Network - Goal-Setting in Rehabilitation Services Project, Rural Perioperative Team Training Program
- Connecting healthcare - Sentinel Events Review Implementation Team.
PICTURED ABOVE: The Statewide Anaesthesia and Perioperative Care Clinical Network team provided the Rural Perioperative Team Training Program at Longreach in May
Well done to all of our finalists! Information about the winners will be posted following the awards presentation evening on December 11.