If your patient has been affected by the recent Medibank Private cyber incident, advise them that AHM customers should call 13 42 46 and Medibank Private customers 13 23 31. Contact Medibank | Medibank
They should also:
- secure and monitor their devices and accounts for unusual activity, and ensure they have the latest security updates
- enable multi‑factor authentication for all accounts.
- visit cyber.gov.au if they need help taking these steps.
- be alert for scams referencing Medibank Private and learn how to protect themselves from scams by visiting www.scamwatch.gov.au.
- contact their bank and IDCARE (1800 595 160) immediately if your identity has been compromised or if you believe you have fallen victim to a scam.
The following websites can help consumers protect themselves and stay informed: