Clinical Excellence Queensland is seeing out the year on a high having supported, showcased, or helped develop projects in almost every category of the Queensland Health and Department of Health Awards for Excellence. The winners will be announced at Brisbane City Hall tonight.
Our work implementing cross-sector behavioural change to ensure appropriate patient referrals for specialist outpatient services in Queensland is nominated in the Equitable health outcomes and broad management with partners category. We're also nominated in the Dynamic policy and planning, leadership and engaged and productive workforce category for our Culture Improvement Partnership with Central Queensland Hospital and Health Service.
The work of one of our clinical networks is also recognised with a nomination in the Enabling safe, quality services and high performance category for the development of the Difficult Airway Alert.
Three projects nominated for an excellence award this year received a 'leg up' from the Integrated Care Innovation Fund (ICIF), administered by CEQ, which provides financial support to innovative projects that deliver better integration of care, address fragmentation in services and provide high-value healthcare. These include:
- The Let’s Shape Up! Inspire Your Tribe project from Mackay Hospital and Health Service in the Promoting wellbeing and Regional, Rural and Remote Award for Outstanding Achievement categories.
- The Lower Gulf Strategy, North West Hospital and Health Service in the Indigenous Leadership and Regional, Rural and Remote Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- Project ECHO, Children’s Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service in the Pursuing innovation and Connecting healthcare categories.
eHealth Queensland is nominated for awards for the integrated electronic medical record (ieMR) and My Health Record implementations, which CEQ is also proudly supporting. In addition, a number of nominated projects featured in our 2018 Clinical Excellence Showcase, confirming CEQ has its finger on the pulse when it comes to finding and sharing the latest and greatest projects in Queensland:
- Mental Health Co-Responder Program, West Moreton Hospital and Health Service and the Queensland Police Service - Pursuing innovation category.
- Same Day Discharge Summary, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service - Connecting healthcare category.
- Lower Gulf Strategy, North West Hospital and Health Service.
Congratulations to all nominees - we wish you every success tonight and into the future.