The Care at End of Life Project is aligned to the Statewide strategy for end-of-life care 2015, which is intended to integrate care at the end of life as a core element of health services in Queensland and support clinicians dealing with death and dying, and in caring for people of all ages as they face the end of their life. The Strategy also aims to strengthen the capacity of Queensland Health services to respond to the needs of those with a progressive life-limiting illness.
The Strategy's overarching service directions are:
- Knowledge – knowledge of care at the end of life throughout Queensland public health organisations is expanded and includes awareness of the benefits of advance care planning, the delivery of care at the end of life and the availability of supporting services and resources. Targeted groups include the general public, health professionals and health system managers.
- Access – patients who have or are anticipated to have a shortened life expectancy are routinely identified as early as possible and have access to timely advance care planning and appropriate care at the end of their life.
- Quality and Safety – care at the end of life delivered in Queensland public services consistently responds to the needs of patients throughout their illnesses and meets established clinical safety and quality standards.
- Provision – the strategic capability and configuration of services for care at the end of life in Queensland is strengthened to maximise their delivery and performance, to ensure the Queensland population has access to appropriate services into the future and to ensure available resources are used effectively.
The Care at the End of Life Project Team reports to the Care at End of Life Collaborative chaired by the Director, Healthcare Improvement Unit, Clinical Excellence Queensland.
- Edition 39: February 2021
- Special Edition: January 2021
- Special Edition: December 2020
- Edition 38: November 2020
- Edition 37: October 2020
- Edition 36: September 2020
- Edition 35: August 2020
- Edition 34: July 2020
- Edition 33: June 2020
- Edition 32: May 2020
- Edition 31: April 2020
- Edition 30: March 2020
- Edition 29: February 2019
- Edition 28: January 2019
- Edition 27: December 2019
- Edition 26: November 2019
- Edition 25: October 2019
- Edition 24: September 2019
- Edition 23: August 2019
- Edition 22: July 2019
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep up to date with our meetings and related discussions occurring on other forums and networks.