The Rural Maternity Taskforce Report was provided to the Queensland Minister for Health and Minister for Ambulance Services on 17 June 2019.
At the centre of the Taskforce’s report are the rural women, their babies and the clinicians that work with them.
The report makes 6 recommendations to address issues and concerns with the safety and access of rural and remote maternity services.
The Taskforce undertook extensive consultation in developing its report and recommendations. It held five stakeholder engagement forums in rural and remote Queensland, and a public submission process that received a total of 309 written submissions. Data analysis was undertaken looking at the safety and accessibility of rural and remote maternity services.
The Taskforce would like to acknowledge all those who contributed through consultation to the Taskforce’s report.
Download in parts
- Letter to the Minister (PDF, 36 KB)
- Contents, Glossary, Abbreviations (PDF, 156 KB)
- Executive Summary, Recommendations and Fast facts (PDF, 84 KB)
- Introduction and Background (PDF, 60 KB)
- Maternity within the broader healthcare and societal context (PDF, 412 KB)
- Stakeholder consultation (PDF, 132 KB)
- Public Submissions (PDF, 92 KB)
- Data Analysis (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Discussion and Conclusion (PDF, 40 KB)
- Appendices, Bibliography, References (PDF, 660 KB)
If you have any questions regarding the work of the Rural Maternity Taskforce, please email Rural_Maternity_Taskforce@health.qld.gov.au