The Statewide Renal Clinical Network (SReCN) focuses on clinical practice improvement and quality and safety enhancements, and provides expertise, direction, and advice on evidence based best practice to Queensland Health clinicians caring for renal patients.
The steering committee membership is multidisciplinary and includes Queensland clinicians with an interest in renal health. It provides expertise, direction and advice to healthcare administrators and planners, the Department of Health and government, as well as leadership and guidance to key clinical streams and their advisory groups.
The steering committee is co-chaired by Professor Keshwar Baboolal, Medicine and Nephrology, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Metro North Hospital and Health Service and Dr Sree Krishna Venuthurupalli, Senior Consultant Nephrologist, Toowoomba Hospital, Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service.
The role of the network
- improve the quality, safety, and effectiveness of renal care in Queensland
- provide expertise, direction and advice to the Queensland Health Executive and Hospital and Health Services and Boards in relation to renal service planning; and emerging issues locally, statewide and nationally
- provide expertise, direction and advice and develop an open and supportive environment for clinicians who are involved in caring for patients, and consumers of renal services in Queensland
- foster education and research in renal best practice.
The SReCN is progressing priorities through working groups, subcommittees and special interest groups including the:
- Renal Transplant Subcommittee
- Renal Pharmacist Special Interest Group
- Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia (HiTs) Guideline Working Group
- Kidney Foot Disease Working Group
- Dialysis Access Referral Form Working Group
- Support the development and implementation of the Statewide Renal Services Plan.
- Develop clinical guidelines, pathways and resources to support evidence based practice in renal services.
- Advance training and education in nephrology and renal transplant throughout Queensland.
- Support clinical projects and research related to renal patients and service delivery.
These communiques provide updates on the work of the network and their recent achievements.
Phone: +61 7 3328 9124
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001