The Statewide Cardiac Clinical Network (SCCN) was established in 2005 and brings together some of Queensland's cardiac clinicians to combine their knowledge, clinical and operational expertise to influence, progress, develop and reform cardiac care. The steering committee represents the broader membership and meets approximately seven times a year. It is chaired by Dr Paul Garrahy, Director of Cardiology at Princess Alexandra Hospital. SCCN working groups progress specific activities under the leadership of the steering committee.
The role of the network
- Enhance patient care and outcomes for adults with cardiac disorders accessing Queensland Health services.
- Provide expertise and advice to the Department of Health and Hospital and Health Services (HHSs) in relation to cardiac care.
- Progressing the Queensland Cardiac Clinical Information and Quality Initiative.
- Supporting the Queensland Action Plan for better cardiac health for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Support the implementation of National Health Care Standards for Acute Coronary Syndrome.
- Cardiac Information Solution Program - designed to network cardiac investigation results between facilities to improve access to patient information should they present to another Queensland Health facility.
- Develop a cardiac data repository to monitor state and national reporting and improvement in outcomes of care.
- Improved referral, uptake and quality of cardiac rehabilitation via the Quality Incentive Payment program and three-year Improvement Project.
- Queensland Cardiac Outcomes Registry (QCOR) 2017—full report (PDF, 7.9MB)
- Interventional cardiology (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Cardiac surgery (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Electrophysiology and pacing (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Cardiac rehabilitation (PDF, 720KB)
- Heart failure support services (PDF, 1.5MB)
- QCOR 2016 (PDF, 1.9MB)
- QCOR 2015 (PDF, 5.3MB)
- Accelerated Chest Pain Risk Evaluation (ACRE) project
- Cardiac Pathways
- HEART Online
- Queensland Heart Failure Services
Phone: +61 7 3328 9193
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001