The Statewide Cancer Clinical Network (SCaCN) was first established in March 2013 and serves to provide expertise, direction and advice to the Minister of Health, the Director-General of Queensland Health, Hospital and Health Services (HHSs), and clinicians on matters relating to the delivery of quality cancer services across the continuum of care in Queensland.
Queensland Health has had a clinical cancer leadership advisory group in some form since 2006, with the SCaCN now covering all of Queensland, including Hospital and Health Services.
The SCaCN is co-chaired by:
- Dr Glen Kennedy, Executive Director, Cancer Care Services, Metro North Hospital and Health Service
- Aniko Cooper, Director, Townsville Cancer Centre.
Our vision is for a broad, representative network that has input to and influence on key decision makers and health services across Queensland.
The Statewide Cancer Clinical Network will focus on the following areas in 2021-2023:
- Optimal Cancer Care Pathways Audit.
- Deliver Cancer Masterclass Series.
- Position SCaCN as the peak body of cancer expertise.
- Strengthen partnership with cancer consumers.
- Contribute towards the National Agreement on Closing the Gap (2020).
Email: Statewide Cancer Clinical Network
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001