The Queensland Dementia Clinical Network was established in December 2007, evolving out of a long-standing collaborative of clinicians and researchers. Membership is open to all clinicians with an active interest in improving the care of people with dementia.
The steering committee is comprised primarily of a multidisciplinary mix of Queensland Health clinicians, along with healthcare consumers and representation from general practice and research organisations, covering Queensland's geographical dispersion and variety of facility size and type. The steering committee oversees the strategic and operational activities of the SDCN, driving forward the decisions made by the members and overseeing the various working groups.
The steering committee is co-chaired by:
- Dr Alison Argo, Advanced HP-Aged Care, Clinical Gero-psychologist, Nambour Hospital, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Dr Keren Harvey, Director Medical Services, North Lakes Health Precinct, Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
The role of the network
- Promoting innovative practice to improve the quality of dementia services.
- Fostering education and research and disseminating knowledge.
- Developing an open and supportive environment for clinicians and other personnel involved in the care of people with dementia across the health system.
- Establishing ties with dementia care organisations and state and national bodies.
- Guiding clinician access to and usage of the most appropriate tools for the best care of people with dementia.
- Encouraging and enabling the use of technology, including telehealth, in the care of people with dementia, in particular the provision of dementia diagnoses.
- Documenting and implementing best practice care of people with dementia.
- Collaborating with other statewide clinical networks to progress joint bodies of work that seek to improve the care of people with dementia.
- Fostering relationships with relevant bodies, such as the Clem Jones Centre for Ageing Dementia Research in connecting research with clinical care, along with state and national dementia care organisations.
The following resource shave been developed by or in collaboration with the Queensland Dementia Clinical Network.
- Confused older person in ED - Clinical Guide
- Clinical Quick Tips - Delirium
- Dementia Enablement Guide - GP version
- Consumer version
- Dementia Enablement – Consumer further information
- Health Professionals who support people living with dementia
- Dementia Specialty Guide
- Quick tips: clinicians documenting dementia and delirium
- Younger onset dementia diagnosis guide
Phone: +61 7 3328 9154
Postal Address: GPO Box 48, Brisbane 4001