The project has adopted a multi-pronged approach to improve the accessibility and financial sustainability of allied health services in the region via the following key components:
- The development of the role of Allied Health Assistants.
- Increased access to Telehealth services.
- An integrated funding model that allows for services to be funded across multiple channels, rather than provided as separate outreach. This includes the ability for public and private services to be provided through a single clinician.
- A coordinated allied health planning approach that accounts for the needs of communities across the region with the aim of maximising access to services while minimising unnecessary costs.
- Shared infrastructure, including equipment and workspaces, across disciplines and providers.