Spirometry training provides clinicians with the skills, knowledge and competencies required to perform spirometry to international standards and Queensland Health guidelines.
The 1-day session covers:
- the purpose of spirometry testing
- how to
- identify the contraindications to spirometry testing
- conduct spirometry testing with adults and children to international standards and local guidelines
- produce acceptable and repeatable results and recognise inaccurate test performances
- interpret spirometry test results
- implement quality assurance processes to ensure the accuracy of spirometry tests.
For more information on the Queensland Health Spirometry Training Program or to register, go to the Metro North Hospital and Health Service website.